Hi everyone! I know you all will be looking for updates today and I'm so thankful for technology so I can share my experiences with you.
We woke up at 4:30 AM, and gave hugs to everyone before we left the house at 5:15 AM. We got to the hospital and my parents walked up to the waiting room soon after we arrived. We registered and encountered some really sweet people. I keep hearing how impressed they are with Bryan and how simple this process has been so far. They keep saying how pleasant he is and how nice it is to work with someone so slender, healthy, and non-medicated. I guess they usually deal with people who have a long list of prescriptions. He rarely takes an Advil and that's only if his back is bothering him.
After he tied on that sexy gown, he jumped up on the gurney and I followed as they wheeled him down to the pre-op room where they gave him his IV. Dr. Walsh walked in and introduced himself. He again said how pleasant his conversation was with Bryan last night. I told him that he made feel comfortable when he mentioned that he prays for all of his patients. He then said that he would like to pray with us, so we joined hands and prayed over Bryan, just the three of us. I hope you can imagine the feeling that was in the room; total peace.
Dr. Desaloms came in to visit and as he held out his hand I took it, shook it, and embraced him giggling. No more hand shakes for that man...it's all hugs from here. He said that that the fancy MRI from Friday was 10-times better than the original MRI on Monday. The nerves that they were concerned about going around are in a much better place than he predicted, and he said there's pretty much a clear path to take the tumor. GREAT NEWS!
They wheeled him back at 8:05 AM and called me in the Surgery Waiting Room at 10:05 AM and said they just started. they will call me within 2 hours to let me know how things are going, and the surgery should tak 3-5 hours.
We'll keep you in touch by blogging, so stay tuned.
BTW, keep Bryan's dad, Denny (aka "Lefty") in your prayers, too. He's in Lake Havasu, AZ getting cataract surgery today.
Here's a picture of my parents in their rally caps with Bryan at 6:00 AM. KEEP YOUR RALLY CAPS ON!
Lots of Love & Hope,
Gayla
3/8/10
11:50 AM

No comments:
Post a Comment