Sunday, March 7, 2010

It is what it is

I can't really describe how I feel right now.  I've had to be such a "grown up" this past week.  That's a really emotional job, you know?  I do know that I'm ready for this to be over, though.  

We spent most of our day at Codi's volleyball tournament, which was a really good distraction. 

Dr. Walsh, Bryan's anesthesiologist, called tonight and gave him all of the information he would need to know. At the end of the conversation he assured Bryan that he would take wonderful care of him, as if he was part of his own family. He said, "Bryan, I don't know what your background is, but I want you to know that I PRAY for all of my patients, and I will take really good care of you."
That's all I needed to hear.  (Thanks again, God!)

Bryan's doing great. We'll be at the hospital at 6:00 AM tomorrow and my parents will be there waiting for us. Darcy will bring Codi and the rest of Bryan's family.

We are so humbled by the love you have shown us. We hope that soon we will be able to shower all of you with the same amount of love, generosity, and hope that you have given us.

I will bring a laptop to the hospital tomorrow and if I can get online I will update the blog as soon as possible. I want everyone to know how he's doing and will be ready to share wonderful news with you all.

Thank you Clint, Ben & Jake (Wendy's behind the camera) for the RALLY CAP picture!!  Love you guys so much!

I love each of you. Thank you, from my whole heart.
Goodnight.

Gayla
3/7/10
9:32 PM

3 comments:

  1. Gayla,

    Thanks for the updates. I don't know you but have known Bryan since we were little kids and his family. Prayers go out to you,your girls, Bryan and all your extended family. It sounds like you have some great Drs. looking after Bryan so it will all turn out and he will have is rally cap on soon with nothing but sweet recovery for the future.

    BELIEVE~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying as I read this for Bryan to have a smooth successful surgery and quick recovery!
    Lots of Love,
    The Lollar Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gayla...I got my staff together this morning and we all prayed for Bryan, you, the girls and all of your family. We, with no doubt, believe that God will answer all the prayers being offered up to Him. Know we are all saying our own prayers throughout the day for you guys. -Kathy

    ReplyDelete