WOW. That's my word for the moment. Wow.
I was overcome with emotion earlier when everything started lining up. God doesn't want us to worry or be anxious. He tells us that all the time. But it's human nature to freak every now and then.
I started writing to tell you that we would see a neuro tomorrow & hope to get an MRI soon, but we had to leave because his primary doctor had an opening at 10:45 A.M. So, I've deleted that and here's where I'll pick back up:
We just left Bryan's primary doctor in Frisco to fill her in on what's happening. She looked at the cat scan and said that she can't tell what it is, it could just be a cyst, but that getting an MRI would be the best thing to do.
WOW # 1: Dr. Barker is one of God's angels working overtime for us. He scheduled an MRI TODAY at Presbyterian Dallas at 1:45 P.M. He will review the MRI and call Bryan immediately with honest results.
He also scheduled an appointment with Dr. Michael Desaloms, a neurosurgeon at Baylor Plano for Tuesday, March 2 at 11 A.M. This is where WOW # 2 came in because there is a four-six week waiting list to see this doctor.
We are so thankful for Dr. Barker for setting this up for Bryan. Dr. Barker sent his own daughter to Dr. Desaloms, so obviously this recommendation excellent.
Bryan and I are OVERWHELMED with the flood of prayers and positive notes and phone calls from family and friends. Y'all are the best support system anyone could ever dream of.
Some of you have asked if there's anything you can do for us. Well, I'm going to hold off on my "favors" until we find out what's up. Depending on appointments, I might need a place for Codi Grace to hang out after school if I'm not at home by 4:00 P.M. Other than that, we're going to try to carry on as usual. Just stay tuned to the blog for updates and information.
Thanks for lifting us up. Y'all are greatness!!!
With a loving heart,
Gayla
3/1/10
12:06 PM
If it's possible to feel lucky at a time like this, you should. Sometimes, one of the hardest things is the waiting, waiting for some information,waiting for a plan of action. Looks like that is being taken care of for you.
ReplyDeleteAgain, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
praying as i type this!!!
ReplyDeleteGayla,
ReplyDeleteI just want you to know that i am praying for you and your strength and for your husband in a big way!! I am also praying for the girls as they try to process all that is going on. Please let me know if there is anything i can do for you.
When i was in the hospital after a very bad car accident (where i am almost didnt make it) my wife kept a blog online. Want to share it with you, in it are passages from God's word that ministered to both of us in a big way. It is:
http://www.prestontrail.org/main/ryan-update.html
With much love and prayer
Ryan Hairston
Gayla I will be checking in for updates and praying for you all! Codi could hang with us anytime..I am home all day long with a kiddo and can be available on a moments notice. Reese would LOVE have a cool big kid to play with:) Also I was gonna link you on my blog as I have tons of praying, bloggin friends...you can never have to many prayers:)) Hang in there friend
ReplyDeleteWow, I continue to be amazed by God's handiwork! Codi is welcome over here anytime!!!
ReplyDeleteMeredith