Here's how it all started out. This is a picture of the CT scan from a CD on Bryan's laptop we took in the Vail airport. It's a really bad quality picture as Dr. Barker said, but the MRI picture is really clear, really big, and really scarry. I just don't know how to put it in a picture for the blog. The good thing is that it's no longer inside Bryan's noggin!
Now here's a decent picture of the incision. Crazy, huh? Dr. Desaloms was very courteous when he cut into Bryan's scalp. He only shaved a very small strip where he cut. We didn't go get Bryan's hair cut before surgery because we just knew they would shave his entire head. Nope!
Here's a picture I took of the back of Bryan's head a day after his staples were reomoved and after his haircut. You can hardly see it on the right. The sun was glaring in the window, so sorry for the poor quality.
And here he is! We walked outside and I told him to stop moving so I could snap a quick picture for the blog. I don't like him walking around too much without me at his side because I've seen him trip or run into things, especially on his left side. One day recently I was on his left holding his hand. He said, "why are you pushing me to the right so much?" I said, "because you're about to run me in to that wall!!!" He didn't even see it. Then later that afternoon I was on his RIGHT side and he reached out and elbowed me in the chin. I whipped around and said, " now wait a minute...that was on purpose because I KNOW you can see me on your right side!" He giggled and kept moving. Stinker.
Doesn't he look GREAT!?!?!
Don't you just LOVE HIM?!?!?!?!
Boy, you KNOW I do.
We're still patiently waiting on pathology, but even though we haven't heard anything yet and we know there's nothing we can do about it, we're still prayerful that when it does come in, it will be good news.
He woke up Saturday morning with the worst cold, so I took him to the doctor and they diagnosed him with a stinkin' sinus infection! What a bad break. He's been coughing and sneezing, which really hurts his head. He's able to take Advil now, which helps with the pain. A little Amoxicillin and Mucinex to knock out the infection and he should be on his way to being well.
His plan was to get back in to his office a couple of hours a day this week, but with this little set back, it will have to wait a few more days.
Thanks again for keeping up with us. We've been out and about a little bit lately and I've heard such great, positive feedback about the blog. People have told me how much they feel like they're right here with us through this whole journey, which was the purpose of this blog. I wanted everyone to keep up to date on his progress and to share in our struggles and prayers. I can't imagine being able to keep everyone informed any other way. Stay in touch and we'll continue to update.
With gratitude,
Gayla
3/30/10
3/30/10
10:32 PM




Sorry to hear about the sinus infection!! Will pray for quick healing!!! The pictures are wonderful....once again God's work is amazing!!! Keep trucking ahead!!!
ReplyDeleteWill pray those stinkin results to come in soon as well!!
Love ya!!!
Thanks for the update. I check in often. Praying for you guys and waiting for that darn pathology....
ReplyDeleteTake Care!!
kiani and i both got your cold, cutt---
ReplyDeleteget it??....sinus infection, back in the day i'm oh so cool nickname? i am cracking myself up. cold cut as in lunch meat? hahahahaha. love youuuuuuu guys.
Hey there! Thanks sooo much for the blog and photos; what a great way to keep posted on Bryan's recovery! You're the perfect partner for him too,right and left side included. We rejoice with you. Love and hugs to all. Aunt Neecie and Jack
ReplyDeleteGayle, you made me laugh with the elbow and Bryan's snicker. Maybe that is a sign--being ornery. Thanks for the updates and I enjoyed IM with Bryan the other night. Bryan, I am also waiting to hear back from Denise...more on that when I know more. She did update facebook but not much info.
ReplyDeleteTake Care~Rhonda