Friday, March 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home

If I didn't have the pictures to prove it, you would NEVER know Bryan had brain surgery. Just look at him cuddled up here with Darcy. They're so cute!

Bryan was released from the hospital this morning at 10:00 AM and we went straight home. I picked up his prescriptions and made a checklist calendar so we would all be able to keep track of what he has to take. Crazy instructions on the meds, especially the steroids. Anti-seizure & pain meds are on the list, too. I think he'll be off the pain meds soon but he'll be taking the other two for a month.

Doctors instructions are to TAKE IT EASY for six weeks. Seriously easy. No lifting, no leaving over, no straining, no yardwork, I mean nothing. It's perfect because I work from home part time and when I have to be out I have Codi who can take good care of him, or our crazy, I mean, caring, neighbors will be able to cover for me.

The word from Bryan's Wyoming family:
"Gayla, We would like to thank you and your friends... we gained 3 lbs. down there!"  Friends...you made Bryan's family and my family feel so well taken care of.  They never wanted for anything because you gave them everything. I appreciate it more than I'll ever be able to say.  We're doing great on food, so thank you all for sending yummy goodies (I refuse to weigh myself).

Since we are now home, we would love to see you. You're welcome to come visit, just call me first to make sure he's feeling up to it. My cell phone is 214-533-4260 and our address is 2227 Sleepy Hollow Trail, Frisco, TX 75034. Come over and get a hug from my Miracle Man.

I will write more later. Bryan and I are going to sit down soon so he can tell his side of the story. It's an incredible one, so please stay tuned.














Here's Russ & Rene's dog, Milo (he used to be ours) wearing his RALLY CAP.


Grateful,
Gayla
3/12/10
5:28 PM

7 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!!We join you in giving thanks. Wow again. Enjoy doing nothing. Rest well. Heal thoroughly. So happy for the good news.
    Love y'all bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such happy news! I am so thankful that you are being blessed in this manner!
    Lots of love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i CAN'T WAIT to read 'his side of the story'....i have goose bumps just thinking about it!!!!!!!.....we are SOOOOO happy for you guys....love you all to pieces...................the marshanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your home and doing well. Gayla thanks for the updates you have been wonderful keeping us all informed durning this ordeal and at such a stressful time. Great shot of him and his beautiful daughter. Be good Bryan and don't think you can--listen to your orders and your wife, it's when we over do it that things go wrong. Rest and take it easy for a speedy recovery.

    God Bless~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for the Cruikshanks!!! What troopers you all are. I never saw any doubts in any of you, Bryan is a lucky man. You are still in my prayers....

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bryan.
    It is really not fair you look this good after major brain surgery! No really, we are so happy this turned out as wonderful as it has. I think with your work ethic, now the hard part is going to be not to do anything but relax. Take advantage of it. And Gayla, can't say enough about you. You are the rock your family is built on.
    Talk to you both soon.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Being gone for 4 days and then coming back and reading all of this! Terrific! I am so happy for all of you and just continue to give thanks for the prayers that God has answered. Bryan looks great and Darcy is just the cutest girl ever. And I am sure it was much easier for her to return to school knowing her dad was home and healing well. I look forward to her and Brooke coming over tomorrow evening for dinner--and to meet my little friend Lizzy. Lizzy will love those girls!! Keep up the posts...it is so fun to read about your journey and you can just see our Lord working through all of you! Be blessed. -Kathy

    ReplyDelete